PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair loses court challenge to Labour Court enquiry
Old 14th Oct 2005, 22:39
Danny

aka Capt PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Due to continuing legal pressure I will only entertain discussion of the thread topic. If the usual suspects want to turn every thread that involves Ryanair into the, oh so predictable slagfest, then do me a favour and find yourselves another channel for the repeats.

If you are not happy with anything about Ryanair then there are plenty of ongoing threads where you can voice your concerns. Anyone not happy with their customer service, terms & conditions of employment, destination names and distances from major cities etc. etc. then you only have to use the search function. What will not be entertained is 'brave', anonymous posters who make unsubstantiated allegations and damaging postings about things such as safety with no proof except their own opinions about what might happen at some time in the future.

If you are not happy with this situation then feel free to air your concerns to your local media who will no doubt be more than happy to take your anonymous viewpoint and air them for all and sundry. I'm sure they have a much bigger budget and will no doubt attract the legal eagles away from me.

There is only one airline that tries to gag what is aired here on PPRuNe and I am not prepared to have them repeatedly try and threaten me personally with injunctions and claims for damages because a few posters on here are not prepared to face up to them directly. Therefore, I will not permit any further publication of unfounded or libellous material which is in any way detrimental to the credibility of Ryanair or its safety record.

Of course, substantiated and founded material is acceptable. If you have a theory and you have first hand accountability then feel free to contact us here at PPRuNe where we will not hesitate to publish facts. As for the mob who bay at the door, we already know your point of view. Maybe it's time for some new blood and some substance to the allegations you keep harping on with. If you are not happy with the way Ryanair conducts its business and treats its employees then that is fair game but to start making unfounded assumptions about the safety is another issue.

Now, back to the topic. Ryanir has stated that it will immediately appeal the court decision. According to Ryanair, the "overwhelming majority" of the Dublin pilots had in the last three weeks again provided written confirmation of their support for the five year collective bargaining agreement that was negotiated directly between the pilots and Ryanair in 2000.

They also stated: "We are confident that the Supreme Court will find in our favour, because the 2004 Industrial Relations Act was not designed to apply to high pay multi-national companies in Ireland such as Ryanair, who engage in sophisticated internal collective bargaining which has resulted in better pay for Ryanair’s pilots than equivalent pilots employed by our competitors."

Maybe it's time to renegotiate the deal as it must be almost five years since a deal made five years ago.