PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Pilot training, a step forward?
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2005, 18:43
antonybradford

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up New Pilot training, a step forward?

Hi all,

Just thought i would let onto something which I feel is not widely understood /recognized as yet.

Have you ever completed A levels and then wanted to go onto pilot training, but yet no one seems interested?

Well here goes. I joined the University of Salford in Manchester - yes yes i know Salford, but bere with me a moment.

I do Aviation Technology and Pilot studies which is a new course, an only here and Leeds. (Though aparently this one has gone to pot now).
The course aims at training you in a broad area of aviation, which includes flight training, with knowledge upto ATPL standard, aviaiton systems, air accidents, flight dynamics, but also a few courses such as engineering in aviation etc. What you originally could do, was get a BSc in Aviation Tech, and also a PPL, with flying from either Barton or Liverpool with Ravanair, with all in house exams, medicals, RT examinations and so on. Now however the departement is expanding, so that in a new 4th year, you train to get a CPL / frozen ATPL and a masters degree.
The university is believed to get a fully certified moving based simulator, navigation labs and much more. This is surlpuss to existing aerodynamic lads, simulators (moving based) and so on.

I am not advertising it from any other position other than a current student, in my 2nd year, and I think i could be a real break through!

Antony