PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are people wearing
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2005, 17:30
Mr Blue Eyes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your suit is just part of your overall appearance. Recruiters are looking how you will look in uniform. Therefore will they want you to represent their company. Are your shoes clean, are you clean shaven, is your hair brushed, have you got a belt that is better suited to a cowboy, does your suit fit, is it creased etc.

Best way to imagine it do not give them one thing about your appearance to pick fault with. Imagine it is your own wedding.

I interviewed one guy who had a pin stripped suit that did not fit and a white shirt with embroidary on and one of the collar buttons was not done. He was easily the best qualified for the job but there was no way he was representing our company!

Another guy turned up without a suit for a business job and said that cos he was on the dole he could not afford one but if i gave him the job he would get one immediately, again well qualified!

Another turned up wearing a nice suit with cowboy boots!

Another with an Alice band in his hair!

My mate interviewed a guy who was really dapper but had a nervous twich, in that every 20seconds he would just feel his cufflinks on both wrists and then make sure his tie was straight. He gave him a second interview but only so we could take bets on how many times he did it!