PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ek Package increase
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2005, 17:24
yardman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shake,

I understand where you're coming from and I honestly wish you well wherever you go to. We are, as you know, a product of our experiences. Perhaps if I had joined EK 5 or so years ago when things were really good then maybe I would be a little more disgruntled. I know that our T's & C's are gradually being eroded. But show me an airline anywhere in the world where they are improving. It is the story of my life that every job I've joined has been just after the 'good times' have ended However I'm here. This is my reality. And I'll be here for a while yet until it suits me to move.

Now I have two choices while I'm here. I can whine and winge, and make myself and everyone else around me miserable, or I can can focus on the positives (and there still are many), whilst keeping abreast of developments in the global airline industry, so that should the day come when I feel I need to leave, then the transition will be a quick and as painless as possible.

Understand that I have no emotional attachment to Emirates or Dubai, but for the time being, given my particular situation, they are fulfilling a need for me and my family. Everyone's circumstances are different and I don't condemn anyone for their outlook or the choices that they make. In fact, I wish them all well. I don't post here regularly, but pprune does provide me with a great source of entertainment. However, in the interest of providing a balanced perspective I felt the need to let the folks out there know that there are still some contented pilots here at EK. How long that contentment will last, well only time will tell.

Yardman