PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - May I be able to do this
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2005, 16:05
splatt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whopity, et al.

I had exactly the same query as wannabe-aviator when I first saw the section in LASORS that we are all referring to. I am currently part way through my PPL training and am trying desperately to build up some solo time (required by my school in order to move to the next stage of cross country nav). The weather however has other ideas and its costing me more as a result, I can't just stop and continue again when the weather improves everyone needs a bit of continuity at the beginning and therefore feel that I might benefit from visiting a place like South Africa in the meanwhile and getting some cheap experience and perhaps even a cheap conversion onto another type or two.

Cut a long story short, my instructor couldnt believe it when I pointed this paragraph out in LASORS. In 2004 the paragraph read that it had to be hours toward a JAR PPL whereas its now ICAO. We phoned the CAA Licensing Dept to check up on this and they confirmed that what I wanted to do is perfectly legal. So wannabe-aviator, don't hold me liable, but it seems the CAA would agree to what you want to do. Phone them and check if you like

splatt