PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From zero to CPL and FI: Cost in UK (Merged)
Old 14th Oct 2005, 12:40
cadaha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I knew it was going to be a long haul to get to FI. I have the funds for the PPL(H) without working, so can concentrate on the first part unimpeded from there stuff gets a bit more difficult.

I suppose I'll have to go back to work and try and hour build somehow until I can get onto the CPL(H), and I'll have to do that part time (1 Hour a week maybe if I'm lucky). Hour build again and then the FI course.

A couple of the schools that I've looked at use the Schwiezer 300 which is supposed to be a bit more forgiving than an R22. I will need a type rating for the R22 though as most schools use that helo (although I've heard some scary stories about that twitchy little beast). I also want a type rating on the R44.

The ideal thing for me would be, do the PPL(H); get a full time job as ground crew at a school; beg hours; get up to FI and then move up to flight staff at the same school. (I can dream can't I?);-)

By the way I live in Yorkshire so any recommendations in that area would be appreciated if you know of any decent schools there.

By the way Jemax, who did you ride for as I'm a huge fan of BSB, used to have an R1 until one of my mates was killed and another trashed himself (stick to the tracks I say).