PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do BA Cabin Crew pull their weight?
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2005, 12:07
sleepinpassenger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some do some dont

I have had really nice times on some long haul flights, met interesting crew chatted exchanged numbers met up for drinks had bottles of wine passed over. The good experiences have happened in all classes. Weirdly although i have had impersonal service in the back I accept that paticularly if the flight is full and busy.

But right in the front I have had awful service grim charmless battleaxes barely ably to raise a smile. I find no excuse for that if you hate your job change it otherwises you will go the way of the cantankerous scowlers on the big US carriers. At six grand odd for the ticket its really inexcusable to not be charm personified.

On an aside why is the service so much worse on the flights in Euro business from gatwick. No one offering to take jackets unwillingness to put rollons in the front locker which often only seems to contain crew garments.

This really isnt a pure knock at BA i fly them pretty much 75% of the time long haul and about 60% of the time medium haul. And god knows i would take a three hour longer flight to fly them over United AA Continental of Alitalia.