PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2005, 11:50
ruma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Negative things are happening in the rotary wing of aero contractors since the merger with CHC. Within the last four weeks three incidents happened . It was rumoured that an engineer -experttriate- was medivac to south Africa due to an explosion he had while inflating a tyre! the other too was injured while jacking up an aircraft in the hangar and the jack failed. The last incident so far was the brand new Sikorsky S-76C+(5N-BHF), less than 800:00hrs since new that made an emergency landing in Bonny Airstrip eventually had a collapsed landing gear. The helicopter i understand is being dismantlled to be put in a container back to Vancouver. Again a national pilot have resigned to join Pan African airlines where he will enjoin the four weeks on four weeks off schedule. Initially the national in Aero were given the 7/5 but later withdrawn for reasons best known to Aero/CHC. The Boeing 737 registered is flying around already. I saw her in Abuja. The YU- registered i was informed will be going back soon to the owner.