PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Hiring
Thread: Virgin Hiring
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2005, 11:41
Studebaker978

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys....It more or less confirmed what I allready knew.

So there is nothing more left for me to do but sit an wait.

Regarding the " cheap pilots" part, written by Scroggs. Well, I am coming from about 40min flying across the channel so I do not think that should be posing any problems now is it? And no, I do not have a french accent....

As far as I know the relations between "my" CAA and the UK CAA are almost perfect so I can not immagine a conversion would be too difficult. I was just worried about the circle hiring --> req UK ATPL -->req residence or employment in UK --> etc

But Scroggs seems to be almost sure that this would not be " a fail" item and that employment would be offered on a conditional bases of converting the licence when needed. Not a problem for me there.

Whether or not VAA thinks I am a suitable candidate? I do not know. All I know is that I totally fit in the profile and that they have never spoken to me before, so my maybe defunct personality is yet to be discovered
Sometimes I wisched they would just tell us: Mr XXX, you are unsuitable for our kind of ops for this and this reason...Then at least we would know and we would be able to move on.

As I said, thanks for the replies and I will keep my fingers crossed. Maybe, just maybe, one day I will be sitting with you guys in the flightdeck saying: remember studebaker on PPrune, thanks for the help"

Keep it safe up there

S978