PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe Management Reshuffle.
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2005, 10:51
Raw Data

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to agree with Nil Further and fokker .

There is so much nonsense being touted as fact.

I know exactly what happened, as many senior flybe pilots do. He wasn't removed from anything, he hasn't been "demoted", and the recent re-shuffle had nothing to do with his performance as Ops Director.

In all my dealings with MW, he has been unfailingly honest and fair. On several occasions, he has helped me out when faced with difficult basing or crewing situations. He has always supported me when I have taken a problem to him, be it mine or somebody elses. He has also supported me when I have made unpopular command decisions (unpopular with Ops and Crewing, that is). He has never asked me to bend a rule, and had often written to thank me when I have gone the extra mile to get a sick aircraft home, or worked during leave, and so on.

I just get so sick of people being bagged for no reason. Some of you might think you have reasons to feel aggrieved, but I think you will find that in most cases, the object of your anger was simply following flybe policy, which is what he is paid to do. Nil Further is right, he is ten times the manager (and human being) than our ex-jet FM ever was.

I also knew MW in Air UK, and I know that most of the stories from there are nonsense too.

Some of you might think that this post is a piece of "kiss ass". It isn't, I no longer work for flybe. Nothing to gain for me.

As Nil Further has said, some of you will be very ashamed of your comments when you discover what actually happened.