PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Watchdog: Ryanair deplaned disabled pax
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2005, 09:03
Final 3 Greens

TS

Possibly because they don't wish to slow their turn around times, which are crucial to their business model. 18 wheelchair movements on/off would take time and other disabled people get scoped into the same category.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Ryanair operates a business with clear T&Cs and applies them firmly.

MichaelKnight, you don't seem to understand that Ryanair is a business that is based on selling a high volume of seats at low prices.

Ergo high degrees of customer service and care do not appear in the model and Michael O'Leary, in the interviews I have witnessed, prefers to deal with these issues at an aggregated level, not an individual level.

I am not a Ryanair apologist, but you do get what you pay for.

sugden
Whatever, this IS bad press for Ryannair whatever the internal operating policies of the airline. We ought to acknowledge that, at least.
I fear that your hypothesis is wrong and that there is little bad publicity for Ryanair.

They\'re cheap and many of the people who travel with them will continure to do so, on a price based decision, regardless of the publicity. So this incident just gives the Ryanair brand some free exposure.

The lesson is very clear. Don\'t book on a loco if you need full service and Caveat Emptor.