PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Zealand - Training Schools and Job Prospects
Old 14th Oct 2005, 08:53
Granny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bauldrik
You will get no better training anywhere, than with Simon Spencer bower at Wanaka Helicopters. An outstanding instructor with loads of experience and in a mountain enviroment that just cannot be matched.
Forget about the flash harrys in their 300CBis at heliflight they would never have flown in the mountains let alone tried to teach in that enviroment. Bunch of c cat and b cat instructors that have no commercial work or industry experience. All they can teach you is how to do preflight and fly a nice circuit.We all had to start somewhere, but if your spending your hard earned cash, get the most out of your training dollars ,prospective employers will certainly look hard where you trained. The training you recive at Wanaka will stand by you for the rest of your career.
Simon trained me years ago and I still often recall, stuff he passed on to me, I hold six foreign licences, ATPL and CPL and I have flown in 14 different countrys and I have flown with many pilot/instructors and Simon is up there in my book as one of the best.