PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CFT: why do we bother?
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2005, 08:34
raytofclimb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aahhhh, southside, suddenly it all becomes clear.

Which ranks in the RAF actually do the flying?

I'll give you a hint: all pilots are officers.

Got it?

Your comment about going and organising an "exciting exercise" is ignorant and offensive. If I was allowed off the sqn to do such a bygone jolly, now the domain of remf blunties (of which I suspect you are one), then that is what I'd love to do.

Unfortunately, the sqn can't afford to spare a pilot. After QRA, leave, courses, sickness etc the sqn can't meet its commitments to other "exciting exercises" (that grown up officers organise) such as JMC, NEWTP, Wycombe Warrior, OPEVAL, CQWI etc

If you were better informed, you'd realise we (the UK) are about to lose a whole fighter sqn in literally a couple of weeks. Thats a quarter of our fighter sqns. A QUARTER. There will only be one at Leeming and two at Leuchars to cover Northern QRA, Southern QRA (from a deployed base) and the Falklands ON TOP OF any other committments we are tasked with such as the exciting exercises mentioned above.

Go figure why morale is bad. You cant fix it with a hike in north wales or a weekend sailing out of Gosport.

Ray