PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 rudder question (again?)
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2005, 07:05
tallsandwich
PersonalTitle to help support PPRuNe against legal bullying.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks

Thanks for the info.

Since posting the article I listened to (and read) a presentation which described the three conditions that could have caused the two 737 incidents which some have blamed on the rudder.

Unfortunately I can't find the URL of this info, however the direction the investigation took was that non of the three possible causes (one was dirty in the mechanism, one was heat expansion and interference of the moving components, and I can't recall the other) could be proved to have happened - but any (or all three) could have happened.

They sumarised by sayig that a fix of some sort was applied to each of the 3 areas. The 'fix' was either by redeisgn, change of procedures etc, so that the source of the problem (whichever of the 3 was the cause) would not exist and hence the incidenct would not re-occur.

It was rather odd to hear that a problem has been solved when the exact cuase was not know, but nevertheless a very convincing presentation. I'll try and find it again and post it if this topic is still alive.

Thanks,
Tallsandwich.