PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS/Braathens piloter
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2005, 23:39
empati

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Ramrise!

You pretty much hit the nail in the head. The problem is that it might not be the right type of nail. What I mean is your perceptions is based on what you have from your union. Which at times has been false. There hes been a lot of emotions (understandebly) and lack of research from your union. Some of the false information from your union to you has been done because they have been under tremendous pressure to show results.

Our union has done great job in keeping us informed and inviting some of Norways most profilied lawyers to our (regular?) meetings. We as a group feel it is wrong to give in on problems you had before the merge. Legaly we are right but moraly, maybe not. So there we stand.

I just wish that SK-pilots were properly informed from the beginning. The picture SK-pilots has of SBF/BSF, BU-pilots and old Braathens S.A.F.E. is often wrong.

With -5 years lots of BU guys stand in the danger of furlough. Some may never see capt. or L\H. Some was next up for upgrade and will now have to wait fore another decade. Others with 4 stripes will now have to come home with 3. We feel like a crucial part of a brand/concept that is keeping SAS flying. Why should we suffer?

But Ramrise, you are right, you guys would be unfear treated unless we got -5. So how do we solve this? I personally think the answere and responibility lays with JL/PJ (the company)!! As Herb Kelleher, South West Airlines, said; "look after the employees - they look after the customers - and they look after the shareholders." I say it's IT'S PAYBACKTIME! I don't mean in bigger paychecks, put in guarantees to BU-crews if -5 becomes a fact.

I feel that I am on thin ice here in relation to what BU-pilots want, but one thing is for certain; We, you and the company has to give, if this is to fly!!!! Pfor and the company need to take SBF seriously and send suggestions to how this can be solved. The letter obviously has to include consessions (innrømmelser).

Regards,

Empati