PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So what's up at Polar? (Merged again & again)
Old 13th Oct 2005, 15:55
grazydedog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whale driver, Polar's MEC has made clear that it is over and we must move forward.most of the Polar guys will do that . some( like at Atlas with your last contact) , won't.
the list that some guys will carry in their pockets is a list of those guys suspended by AAWWH management for refusing to cross Polar lines. the reason they carry that list is to make sure those guys don't ever pay for a drink in front of a Polar crew ( small token of gratitude).
when it comes to the "scabbing" incidents, all the "strike incident reports" are being investigated. I believe most are not real incidents and will be dismiss.
you are right when you say that an arbitrator will decide on the "new" contract and on the "new "senority list and the time of the seat locks. however, Polar's crew staffing will remain at the current level no matter how few airplanes we fly, as long as an Atlas plane flies with a Polar call sign (part of our scope clause alliance thing).
as far as I'm concern, I heve alrady moved on and I'm ready, if we merge,to work together to achieve a better contract next time around. we can't do anything about the past but learn from it and prepare for the future.
if Polar gets sold, then good luck on your future contact negotiations.

my 2 cents