PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Zealand - Training Schools and Job Prospects
Old 13th Oct 2005, 15:41
noooby

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah the name of one of those guys does always seem to be floating around CAA house. Shudder.
It would seem, from the replies, that Helipro have had a cleanup. That would be a good thing. At the time that I was having 'dealings' with them, much work was needed on the QA/Maint front.
You could write all the unsubstantiated s..t you want about the company I work for. I would probably be able to relate to half of it too!!
And no, I am not in opposition to Helipro no matter what you may think. Someone asked for an opinion, I gave it. You gave yours too. When someone weighs up all the things that are said, cuts out half of it to get rid of the bulls..t, perhaps they will have some sort of idea of where they want to do their training.
Yeah other companies have had losses too. That shouldn't fractor into where you want to learn to fly, unless there is some underlying cause. The more you push the machine, or the more complacent you become, then the more likely you are to have an incident. They happen. Learn from them and try to not repeat the mistakes made. As far as I know Helipro haven't lost a machine in flight training, but then again they might have. Haven't exactly been in NZ much the last few years, so might have missed something. Yeah yeah, another one of those ex-kiwis who knows absolutely nothing about the scene in NZ. I might as well say it before any of you do