PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS/Braathens piloter
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2005, 14:44
Ramrise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Historical precedents...

Heavydane...

There is nothing stopping us from making a new deal with the BU guys. Until we do the 'trepartsaftale' stands.

Now, if we were to try to start anew I am afraid that the process would stop as soon as we would make clear that the 5 year reduction is non-negotiable. Why is it non-negotiable??

Well. Three words: Linjefly and Commuter. AND, let us not forget that we have FP's with 15 years seniority whereas the youngest BU captain was hired in '96.

That is what I mean by historical precedents. The linjefly guys are pissed as it is and the commuter guys are even more pissed as, in their world, they lost 8 years. Then look at our oldest FPs, some did the 'kniv-og-gaffel' several years ago. Can you imagine a 9 year captain flying with a 15 year FP? Add to that situation the FP's likely perception that the captains company was basically bankrupt, and the only reason the captain has a job is because the FP's company bought it AND then used it to pressure the FP's.

The thought of 'forgive and forget' is tempting. But not realistic. There are those who hold that BU actually got a good deal initially, they refused it and made their bed. In other words, they WILL join the list and they will join from the bottom. I am not that hard-assed about it. If I called the shots the 5 year offer would still stand. And it may if the BU guys bring it up I guess. They just have to recognize the state of their predicament. And I hope they do.

If BU did join minus 5, we would do all we could to protect them from lay-offs. It has worked here in SK and it can work in SKBU. Especially since there will be more shoulders to carry the load.

I hope that the BU pilots know that we are not out to get anybody fired. We have never and will never 'rape' anybody. That is not our style. But we also have a membership with expectations and the right to career progression after 15 years in the right seat.

I look forward to input from Empati as we have been able to at least communicate lately.

Regards,

Ramrise