PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - By the Cabin Crew door?
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2005, 12:55
type1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
training while working as cabin crew??

hey,

i've wanted to be a pilot since forever - like everyone else - and have about 120 hours + mod 1 of ground school. however it's happening very slowly mainly due to cost and amount of time available.

i recently met someone who is cabin crew and i suddenly saw it as a quick way into the industry while i could carry on training - so I applied to BA and here I am with a job offer waiting for a training date.

i have a few concerns about it though, which i was hoping some other people might be able to help me out on.

Firstly, is the wage enough to pay my way through training? I know it's pretty good with BA and with my current job (web design) I take home about £1200 per month.

Secondly, everyone thinks I'm mad for giving up a potentially good career job for cabin crew, but I look at it more like having a fun job while training and then going into my 'serious' life career as a pilot......

Finally, it would be great to hear from anyone else currently doing the same thing or from pilots who did it previously.

Cheers everyone!

type1