PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA to use Carmen rostering fleetwide???
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2005, 08:05
ShortfinalFred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Justbelowcap - do you read the BALPA BA forum? Do you read the letters we get about work coverage and costs from PoD?

My flightdeck isn't full of the sound of laughter all the time, but thoughtful young FO's wondering if they haven't made a huge mistake joining BA.

I suspect that if BA's pensions review leads to the closure of NAPS you will see a steady stream of FO's leaving to Virgin and elsewhere. You may see some early retirements too.

I guess BA are quite happy with that and I am sure that the consulants have told BA they should get their pilot turn-over up.

I am entitled to my view as I see it, as are you, and I know from personal experience that I am not alone in my views. I am not "cabin crew". Are you "management", as your utopian view sure sounds like you could be!?

BA are hell bent on ripping up all the elements of the contract that made me join BA - pension and bidline being at the top of the list. To achieve same they are using every tactic in the book and trashing a once respectable and professional pilot force whilst they are at it. I dont see why they should get to do this unchallenged on what is, as the title proclaims, a rumour network!

Oh, and your thoughts on pay? Guess they dont stand up either as PoD's letter describes BA's pilots as an "on-going costs problem" - unlike wasting £40 million a year on needless industrial disputes with other staff groups, I suppose. I guess we can look forward to pay cuts too.

What colour is the sun on your planet!!?