PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RNZAF jets sold!!
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2005, 06:44
ATCO1962

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, I confess. It's me. I bought all the A4s through a series of shady meetings with dubious intermediaries because I'm a parochial, and apparently, bludging Kiwi. I felt it was my patriotic duty to buy up these treasured remnants of yesteryear and place them back at units all over NZ where they can be used for noise generation, target drone towing, high speed parachute dropping, advanced and highly accurate topdressing depending on the spare parts we've retained, scary police observation platforms that will make any boy racer think again about outracing NZ's finest, especially with a shot across the bow. We can also use them for sky-writing when the All Blacks win or when Labour loses, we can use them for high speed VIP transport, particularly when Helen feels the need to see an inportant All Black game (one side benefit is with the two seat version, we will allow the P-in-C to eject the backseat passenger if their politics don't synchronise with the front seater!!). Actually, the myriad uses defy listing so I'll stop here suffice to say that I've borne the costs entirely on my own but if you PM me, I'll give you an account number where you can send your donations to show your appreciation of my altruism.