PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How Virgin Blue got started
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2002, 01:42
d_concord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guanty,. .. .That was my first post, even though I have looked on for a few years but I couldn't hold my tongue after seeing that garbage.. .. .Virgin seems to be doing very well, but I suspect most of the success must really go down to timing which neither these two or anyone else for that matter had anything to do with predicting. In particular the demise of Ansett.. .. .I'm sure that history may not have been as kind to Virgin if that little debarcle hadn't been going on for a number of years.. .. .However, I hope for the industry's sake that it does well and keeps employing people.. .. .For what it is worth I heard the whole Sherrard Aviation story over a beer one night, albeit second hand, which is reason for not repeating it, and it would make your hair stand on end but knowing the source and his involvement I would say it was true without doubt.. .. .I'm surprised that it hasn't come out considering the number of antogonists that Sherrard in particular would have.. .. .It's going to be interesting to see how Patricks handle their disclosure and keeping the market informed requirements with some of this stuff.