PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How Virgin Blue got started
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2002, 16:01
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
d_concord. .. .Hmmmmm I was trying to reconstruct the real history of Sherrards involvement in all of this in my minds eye before posting but you beat me to it.. .. .I was trying to work out if indeed he was the same gentleman who became known to us in the mainstream industry in the early to mid eighties with a less than sparkling career as a used aircraft salesman of no fixed percentage. It seems to be so.. .. .As you suggest a really thorough scrutiny of our friend Godfrey and his mate Robs ventures of the past may produce an entirely less upbeat and different story.. .. .It has not gone unnoticed that Godfreys mate has kept a fairly low profile throughout all of this, a modesty which I don't recall as a being a noticeable characteristic of the gentleman in times past.. .. . </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"> NJS became what it is despite these two guys. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">is probably all that needs to be said.. .. .The victors always got to try and rewrite the history, but I suspect that the internet has put paid to that.. .. .Virgin Blue has done a magnificent job getting to where they now are, but it is because of the vision and support of Sir Richard for a business plan that went down a pretty well trodden road begging to be executed and it is a credit to the support of some pretty dedicated and motivated staff.. .. .Godfrey certainly did his bit and deserves the credit for that as for the rest....? . .....but there are some wounded out there that might feel otherwise.