PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying in the face of the law - pilot bikers land fines
Old 12th Oct 2005, 23:44
El Oso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Cannot see why ones private life has to be tied to ones work life. I can see the fish wrapper article now, "pilot seen having a beer at home, neighbour Sharlene says - must be reul dangerouz bloke eh". What next ? Rug dancing for the DFO because you bought a V8 for towing the family boat?

What a load of codswallop. Pathetic media indeed. One knows the difference between work and play and behave accordingly. Nothing more than the journo scum at work on the tall poppy syndrome. Lets just screw up anybody whose made an effort in their lives for any common misdemenour.

I am a keen motorcyclist and also consider myself a responsible airline pilot, I also raced bikes, both MX and superbikes for many years, but never took similar risks in the cockpit. One CPT I flew with in the regionals was perhaps the most conservative and solid skip I ever flew with and he used his old GSX1000R "quite well" on the weekends. No correlation IMHO.

I feel sorry for these 2 young guys. Maybe they did show less than perfect judgement outside work but who hasnt and why should they be shamed like that. Good on the judge for chucking most of the charges - as anyone involved in the legal profession or the Police (from the inside) will tell you its a game and they will throw as many charges at someone as they can, regardless of the truth - more chance of a win that way.

However the media, showing their usual objectivity and professionalsim NOT! Equal treatment for everybody would be nice.

Although IMHO they should be shamed for riding Jap sh*te. Surely a VB skip can afford a nice 999/MVF4/Aprilla, etc, Ha!