PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Handguns for survival purposes in the Canadian bush. Any comments?
Old 12th Oct 2005, 16:57
cptpinpin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Guys

I'm really impressed with the response I'm getting but I'm not flying in Iraq.
I'm not worried about Al queda, just Bears in general.
Big Mike has some really neat toys, but here in Canada I'd be considered a hardened terrorist if I ever got caught with one of these.

We seem to be slipping somewhat from the original question witch is "what do you think about Handguns for survival purposes in the Canadian bush" Should it be legal or not?

Between a 22 cal. riffle and a HK51K lead churner
there must be room for a handgun somewhere in there... yes?

In My mind, the best solution, to me, is Packing a handgun. It is very discrete and in the case of a 44 magnum with a six inch barrel or something of that nature is very deadly for anything on four legs.

Last summer a bear got in to my AS350 while I was having a sh... a couple of hundred feet away.
My 3030 Winchester was in a cargo cheek, not much use for me there, so I scared him off shooting my 44mag that I was packing (Thank God for that)
The only damage that he did to the machine while trying to flee is to a door that he bashed to pieces. He could of caused a lot more damage and left me grounded (Stranded) miles from civilization if I hadn't managed to scare him off.

I also don't particularly get off on the idea that passenger or crew have knowledge of a firearm in my chopper (they often get stolen). In the bush after a few good belts of Jack Daniel's, someone might have a flash of "Hey I know where there's a riffle in one of the machines, lets go shoot it off" or something.

What says you

Last edited by cptpinpin; 15th Oct 2005 at 19:10.