PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Carefree FCS
Thread: Carefree FCS
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2005, 11:02
Teadriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indeed I did, although I don't recall doing anything that challenged the envelope. It's one of those deceptive things: I used to just fly the jet slow, but not at or near the AOA limit, because a) with lots of wing even a non-limited but reasonable AOA you're still a fair bit slower than guys at the time were used to, b) because it means you're around longer so people have more time to look, and they tend then to see more than there is, c) it means the turn radius is small = close = looks impressive and d) with all that wonderful thrust on tap, getting speed or going up through the vertical is no challenge at all. In addition, the prototypes (that was DA2) had lower g limits than production aircraft, so going faster would potentially make you g limited and in the worst case make you look like a USAF F16 display pilot who's ordered to keep his speed above 400 kts at all times. I also tried to tell guys that although it was a prototype, it weighed much the same as a production aircraft, courtesy of a ton and a half of test instrumentation. And only 92% production thrust too.... Sigh!