View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2005, 10:10
BEagle

Received 271 Likes on 110 Posts
Ah - the joys of motor insurance!

"What's your occupation?"
"Retired. And a company director....and an aviation consultant."
"What's an aviation consultant"
"Well, currently I'm working on an Airbus project. Training, system operation and design....."
"So are you an engineer?"
"I have a degree in engineering. But if I say I'm an engineer, you'll think I'm some oily fingered type who drives around with a bag of spanners in the boot...."
"Well, which is your primary job?"
"The one which makes the policy the cheapest!"
"Fair enough, Sir!"

They got the business.

When I was a student, my parents lived in Menorca, so I had no UK address. Hence I always used "c/o Lloyds Bank" at the bank where my account was. Never any problem with insurers. Nowadays the banks charge for redirecting mail, so that option is probably no longer available.

The only vandal damage I ever suffered ws when my car was parked outside the Officers' Mess at RAF Leeming and some bunch of drunken rock-apes from Catterick though it was fun to damage cars on their way back to the main gate. Don't know if the little buggers were ever caught as I had to drive to Valley a couple of days later.

If you tell them that your car is parked in a locked garage in a secure area patrolled by armed guards, the idiots conclude that you are a serious risk as you have to take such precautions ..........

Insurance companies belong on the same list as estate agents and compensation-culture ambulance-chasing lawyers, in my mind. One of the first against the wall, come the revolution!

Last edited by BEagle; 12th Oct 2005 at 11:32.