PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air New Zealand to follow Ansett
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2001, 11:17
RedUnderTheBed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

KYBO
Tut, Tut, who's being aggressive now?

Look, anyone who is suddenly tipped out of a job like that is fully deserving of sympathy, mine included, and initially I fully felt it for Ansett staff but having observed the reaction in Pprune and the Australian media, to which I have regular access, my sympathy was short lived.

I'm not suggesting that you shouldn't feel anger, we all should and for my part do, but not at you the poor Ansett Joe who turned up for work on a regular basis everyday the same way I do over here.

Misguided and mis-directed anger solves nothing and only diminishes any sympathy and respect people, especially the people towards whom the anger is misdirected, may have towards those in the awful predicament you are in and we may shortly be in.

In the business world there is no room for sentimentality. We in NZ and Air NZ 10+ years ago have been there courtesy of the Employment Contract Act.

From what I see, and according to Dick Smith on NZ radio this morning he also sees, Australia as a whole also has to go through that process and it may be that Ansett is the first victim of that process. That is why I am hugely suspicious, as I said in a previous post, of the utterances of Howard and Anderson.
I don't care if you have found my posts unpleasant to read, they weren't designed to be nursery rhymes. There were designed to jolt you and those like you out of attacking the soft target of NZ in general and Air NZ in particular and get you start looking at the real reason Ansett collapsed and Air NZ is on the brink of collapse. Stop shooting at the messenger and try reading and understanding the message. You may then be better able to handle the emotions I am sure you are justifiably feeling.

Either way; abusing counter staff and creating the kind of poster that not even Woomera can stomach and in his wisdom has removed, is hardly likely to rouse much sympathy in the breast of the Arch-Angel Gabriel, let alone a hard-hearted b@st@rd like me!

Best of luck for the future.