PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prospective Pilot Killed at Military Academy
Old 12th Oct 2005, 08:35
Putcodrvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mil Akad Memoirs!! Those were the days!!
Col. Kotze Geography (The one with the photographic memory. Could recite verbatim from the text books, 1st thru 3rd year!) Still there and as sharp as a minora blade. At our 21st re-union greeted all by first names!Was the Dean until recently.
Col Kotze. Maths. Still there.
Col tankard Still there.
Col Van Tromp Mil. Law ++ Only passed 1st year law on my 3rd attempt and only because I was playing 1st team rugby!
Col Jan Kirsten Public Admin. Retired and Mayor of Velddrif until a few years ago. Also only passed PA due to rugby skills.
Lang slap lat- initiation.
My Oupa(3rd year) and Mother(2nd Year one of only 3 pongo females to be allowed in to study!Oupa being the horny old goat, didn't take a son!)They made me recite my ancestors up to 6 generations, Rank and current unit, before I was klapped with the sword at the gun battery on "the kop".
Kotzed(sic) all the way from brandewyn baai to Rocky point! Due to regular refuelling intervals fed warm OBS and rum mixture!
Air Force guys had to fly the Vampire on the parade ground and rest had to ride the torpedo! And if you fell off, you were severley punished by having to take a bite out of the vrot piece of shark that you had been carrying with all day. after 'kotzing again! " more refuelling!
At least 1 car rolled per weekend on the road to Paternoster hotel and 1 fight a night at Saldanha hotel. Banned for 6 months after getting Thundered by a visserman for dancing with his wife......
Going to use my lotto money to buy a house at Tieties baai.