PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air New Zealand to follow Ansett
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2001, 10:03
RedUnderTheBed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I always thought ostriches were a native of South Africa.

Been away for a couple of days working, taking stock etc. First up; Twomey did not start until January this year, lay off him. Second; Twomey said last night on TV that the bonuses were paid to ex Qantas management who came across with him. Third; The Howard government, including that loud-mouth Anderson, encouraged Air NZ to buy the second 50% last year to keep Singapore out. All the venom I've read here which emanates from Australia about mis-mananagement and bonusses etc looks increasingly Oz v Oz to me, keep it up! If anybody should be angry it's us Kiwi's at Selwyn Cushing for getting us into this mess!

The Air NZ board has kept nothing from Ansett staff. It's been plain for months that they've been committed to saving a struggling Airline, not screwing it. Swapping Ansett good engines for Air NZ old ones - really? If there are Air NZ engines on Ansett hulls it's because the Ansett engines were knackered, or have you forgotten the two recent groundings? Ansett engineering better hadn't poke its head too far above the parapet!
When you look a long way back the equities market picked this outcome from the start. When Air NZ first got involved with the great Ozzie airline my Air NZ shares were close to $4 a piece (my wife advised me to sell then, I'm getting it at home too!). They have slid down at varying rates ever since, normally at an increasing rate when Air NZ lurched closer to responsibility for Ansett. Think about it.

Two things have really disturbed me in the last two days at work; A traffic clerk (delivering the load sheet) at an Australian airport, an Australian wearing an Air NZ uniform incidentally, was very stressed out at her treatment at the hands of Ansett staff and the Great Australian Travelling Public and the captain had to spend some time giving her sympathy and cheering her up.

Ansett staff really do not have many scruples and what confirmed that today was a copy of a poster produced by Ansett staff equating Gary Twomey with Osama Bin Laden. That is completely and utterly beyond the pale! No words I can string together can adequately express my disgust and contempt for the people who produced that poster. They obviously have no sense of proportion and if any Ppruners were involved in its production or have not torn it down and destroyed it on sight - SHAME ON YOU!