PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air New Zealand to follow Ansett
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2001, 01:43
KYBO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Folks listen to Des Pferd.......He has descibed the mail on the head

A lot of emotion here but lets direct it at who is responsible. For employees of both islands dont vent yr anger at each other

Yes i am directly affected ie now unemployed with ansett & no pay for the last 4 weeks OUCH..it hurts).

The blame here

The NZ Pollies for not allowing SIA to increase its stake 49% especially after Toomey stated 3 months ago to the public that the group was at the Point of No Return. The airline was pleading for help. However KIWI Nationalistic pride would not allow overseas ownership levels to increase. We live in a global environment & therefore must accept it or lice in a very bleak backwater

The Oz Govt for severly delaying the SIA negotiations by supporting the QF bid to buy into Air NZ. Anderson stated very strongly that if the SIA 49% deal was done then QF as stated by Dixon would not be able to compete against SIA/AN/ANZ......Not true, QF / BA would not have been taken on by a "Behometh" as they said. This situation pushed the deal well past the PNR

Air NZ directors for buying the 2nd 50% when they already had 4 years to check the books. Why did they then buy the 2nd 50%.its beyond me. If they are found to have acted illegaly then well i will keep my anger in check until then

I lived in NZ for sometime in the 1990's. Loved the place, the people, It is a fantastic country to live how ever & dont take offense KIWI's but while it is a shame, we all have no choice ......no small country who wants to play in the big world can afford for "NATIONALISTIC PRIDE" to get in the way of common sense

Talking to friends i will try & put this in perspective regarding the sentiment over here.........The vast majority dont have ill feelings to each of u individuals except the Air NZ directors & the Pollies. Yes we will choose to travel on carriers other than Air NZ. No most wont boycott buying KIWI products as that is just affecting KIWI's that have nothing to do with this whole sorry saga. So in essense yes i will buy NZ chese etc but my ski holiday to NZ nest year well no...not now as to travel internally will place my money into Air NZ. Ask yrselves why should I + as far as i know the airline still has ownership or interests in the ski fields

RUTB + associates we dont want to see u guys out of a job, that achieves NOTHING & i for one wish u well with yr future which i might add would improve if u voted the throwback from woodstock PM of yrs. She must have been a lovechild from Nimbin. AN was cast aside by pressure from Clack & her associates & no doubt SIA. There is talk of Freedom flying here internally well i think by the above comments of mine that i am fairly reasonalble about this butif that were to happen then.... i might think about befriending "Bin LADEN" & ask him a few favours....

Take care folks

That about somes it up.....There were many others at fault such as the Fatman & Paperman but that has been well documented