PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air New Zealand to follow Ansett
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2001, 22:15
Das Pferd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fish

I'm a Kiwi and I love my country I got shafted by News Corp (then ANZ's partner in Ansett) in 99 I left during the lockout and never came back. I have been shocked by the collapse of airlines dunnunder and the NZ economy and it's future doesn't thrill me either. This effects my prospects of returning Dunnunder. I do feel very sad for those people out of a job and my family and I offer support. Some strong views on this post and understandable I suppose keeping the events that have happened recently in mind. Kiwi's, I have found Australians , on average, to be straight and honest people who only expect a fair deal in return for an honest effort on their behalf and if some of you and your leaders are poking a stick in their eye in their time of hardship and have stolen from them then watch out they will only hurt your (our) ailing economy more. And we can't afford that at all so Kiwi's, ask questions as your leaders have upset your friends and neighbours! Sorry Aussies a point to you, and I know how tough it is (reallly) but don't shoot the messengers your beef is not with joe bloggs Kiwi it is with Clark and her bunch of elected politicians and Air New Zealand. Seek the truth and if they are found to have acted in a truly dishonourable fashion then they will have to answer to their own countrymen as well as their economy slips even further into recession as Australia cuts NZ loose. I hope that this doesn't happen.