PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying in the face of the law - pilot bikers land fines
Old 12th Oct 2005, 02:18
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who gives a flying fcuk what their occupation is.

When you have rushed out the front door in response to a crashing noise and find your neighbour dead, after attempting to reverse into a 50kph street to be hit by a big arse bike that wasn't there when he checked (passenger survived) doing
he accepted he was speeding, but "not in excess of 100kmh",
it is of little consequence and even less consolation if indeed he had been an "airline captain".
The other biker with whom he was having a little race kept on going but was eventually found by the police. He got off.
The biker now a hemi will spend the rest of his life in full care at the expense of the Medicare system. The drivers family have had to get on with thier lives as best they can.

I would fight for the Medicare system or something like it to my last breath, but we need to look at who pays for the consequences of someones adrenalin rush.

mrs gaunty and sundry friends and rellys work in the medical profession, ask them about the results of just being a biker, responsible or not who come unglued through their own fault or not.

The sickening trauma and neurological and orthopaedic results that work there way through long term rehab to wind up in full time care for the rest of their unnatural lives.

There is a strong case for simply outlawing big arse bikes as a form of transport or at the least denying them uninsured medical treatment.
Put the cost where it belongs and lets see how much bikers are prepared to pay for their rush.

And yes I once owned a Honda 750cc when they were big bikes, but then I had children and good think about my responsibilities.