PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air New Zealand to follow Ansett
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2001, 12:44
RedUnderTheBed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Do I detect a bit of serious backpedalling here or not?

O_S I've been giving you the benefit of the doubt BUT I wonder if a few of the other posters on this thread actually read their posts before hitting the send button. Wishing Air NZ to go under and dire circumstances for the Kiwi economy, threatening crews etc sounds pretty personal to me. Most of the Oz posters on this thread, given the events of the last couple of weeks, know how personal having your job/career threatened can be, so don't tell me it isn't personal.

HagasTuft, the only thing that you've said that makes any sense so far is; "The NZ board bought it, and as such are responsible for buying it ." Never a truer word.

Why are you insisting "this board", by that I'm assuming you mean the Air NZ board, is the one that "has got to be brought to justice"? Take a step back and stop jumping to conclusions, otherwise the people who ought be brought to justice for this, if it isn't the Air NZ board, will never be brought to account. If it is the Air NZ board well and good, but engineering the downfall of Air NZ as a whole in the process, as is being expressed in this thread and by hot-headed Oz unionists in the past couple of days, hardly sounds like "Justice" to me, or does Australia have a different from of it from the rest of us?

All I ask is keep an open mind, don't look away form Australian causal factors and stop, as has occurred frequently in this thread and I saw on the TV tonight, having a go at NZ, its airline and its people. When we first took over the few Ansett people I spoke to thought it was a great thing because of the previous management's attitude. Short memories some people!

[ 16 September 2001: Message edited by: Red under the Bed ]

[ 16 September 2001: Message edited by: Red under the Bed ]