PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saffa
Thread: Saffa
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2005, 14:25
fox13wfd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saffa

Hi, I hope somebody may have some info on this.

I am a South African with a South African Passport with no rights to work in Europe other than the UK, apart from the fact that my fiance is Polish and I may be able to work there if we returned to live there. I have been in London for the past 7 years and will probably get a British Passport around September 2007. This solves the problem of the 'right to live and work' albeit 2 years from now.

I am currently preparing for my PPL Skills Test and will continue to do my commercial license although I am now considering the intergrated route for training. I am also considering going home to South Africa to gain the CPL IR and MULTI ratings and then converting them here as this will save me time and money. What are the complications? Can that be done? Will I have to convert my JAA PPL to a SOuth African one before doing my CPL and then convert it all back again?

Has anybody tried to go this route?

To top it all off, we would like to settle in South Africa in the future sometime. Would I then need to convert back to S African Licenses etc or could I fly there on my South African CPL with JAA ATPLS?

Am I confused? Whats my name?