PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unusual BA cabin developments!
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2005, 03:48
apaddyinuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unusual BA cabin developments!

This is one for frequent flyers at BA.
It has recently been suggested by BA that they intend to do a little bit of swapping around with the cabin configurations on the B747 fleet. Some bright spark in management has decided that it would be a brilliant idea to replace the small Club World cabin located between Doors 1 and 2 with World Traveler Plus and move club between doors 2 and 3 as our premium passengers apparently dont like this intimate, small and quiet cabin! This bright spark seems to think that it is acceptable to hold off club passengers disembarking so those in World Traveler Plus, a less expensive and lower standard of service cabin, can get out just after First passengers assuming doors 1 are being used for exiting. If doors 2 are to be used then World Traveler Plus passengers will be the first passengers off the aircraft even before First Class!!! This seems like a nice little gesture from management to our premium passengers who spend thousands to fly in the premium cabins. Yes I am also aware that a number of our FFP passengers sit in WT+ but do you consider this to be acceptable?
May I add that the cabin crew community are in uproar over this plan. It is clear that whoever made this decision is not a crew member and is totally out of touch with what our customers want.
May I ask that if you are an Executive Club member/Premier card holder etc with BA that you immediately put your thoughts in writing to BA over this plan and do so as soon as possible.