PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EBA & IR Issues in Australia (Not for those easily offended!)
Old 11th Oct 2005, 01:15
flugenluft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whether AN was a basket case or not (I don't necassarily disagree with you), it's the management style of Eddington I was referring to.

Under Rod at Ansett, casual cabin crew were scoped and agreements written for the first time in domestic. Overseas cabin crew bases were opened in HKG, TPE, JKT, KUL, SHA making them almost a quarter of the Ansett Intl crew numbers. It was hidden behind the "cultural/language" requirement yet the vast majority of the Aussie crew had second languages. So is that not greed as described by you? Crew in SHA were on a fifth of the Aussie wage. Is that not exploitative as described by you? As for morale, don't even go there!! Ansett international quite hastily made redundant very many Aussie cabin crew during the Asian financial crisis, yet not one foreign crewmember lost theirs. Not to mention every employee in the company being put on notice their jobs were being looked at.

If anything, Dixon learnt everything he knows from Rod Eddington. I know the above flies in the face of your view of Eddington, it is however the truth.