PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 type rating
Thread: 737 type rating
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2005, 22:19
ravenx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
737 type rating

Ok - I resisted posting this for ages because I didn't want to get drawn into the "to buy or not to buy" argument - however, the argument now seems to be a moot point as it is the only way forwards (well for some of us anyway).

Questions:

1. What is the current situation regarding people who have bought type ratings (and for argument sake lets talk about the 737 since this is the most popular one I believe). Are arilines interested in them or is it considered bad practice as opposed to those who pay for it but after being selected by an airline

2. Is the type rating useless without some hours to go with it (I've seen 100 mentioned in various posts)

3. Is the recruitment drive I keep hearing about so good that it is worth taking the risk and getting the rating and then just hoping (difficult to answer I appreciate but hey have a crack :-))

4. I've seen a few posts mentioning Randhem in miami. Are there preferred places to get the rating or does if have to be the company the airline would send you to anyway - is there anyone reading this who can say they have been there and since got a job

5. How long will it take and how much will it cost

And please rather than just starting another should we or shouldn't we be buying our own type ratings after already having paid god knows how much to get the fATPL can we just put that to one side and pretend it's the only option (i.e. humour me) and if anyone out there has real world experience of buying and then getting / not getting a job please post.

Thanks