PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying in the face of the law - pilot bikers land fines
Old 10th Oct 2005, 21:41
NAMPS

Location: WX at our destination is 32 deg with some bkn cld, but we'll try to have them fixed before we arrive
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
balance, I'm glad you're not a Magistrate.

You were not in court to hear the evidence and yet you make a conclusion that is opposite to the Magistrate's findings.

You seem to think that all police are infallible. Police make mistakes in observations and that is leaving out the corruption (although I do not suggest that there was any corruption in that instance).

It is up to the police to prove the offence beyond reasonable doubt. If there is any plausible explanation for the police observations, or there is any doubt as to ability to make observations, then how can anyone be certain that the alleged acts took place?

I do not understand how you make the connection where riding a bike fast makes you unfit to fly an aircraft. I like to ride bikes fast but always fly within the limits of the POH and/or Ops manual - I'm sure that is the case with the DJ pilots.