PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Finance and the Military
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2005, 16:13
Grand Fromage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It gets worse!

Just renewed my car insurance, having previously found that if i change my address from my parents one too the far flung corner at which i'm currently stationed, i save £50 - yippee!

However, i was then asked if i'm still a student or a full time RAF employee. I answered the latter, expecting a further discount, to be told my premium would go UP £150!

This is, "coz you military lot are away so much driving tanks and flying planes and that, when you get back you can't remember how to drive a car and you all go out and have an accident"

And you're seriously telling me that S@!t crate driving, unwashed students are considered a lower risk than commisionned officers... asketh I...

"It's all worked out by our experts"

Course it is - let me speak to your superviser you silly, silly girl!

More to the point woowoo, i've found that if you use a financial advisor/lender and argue your case they can normally pull strings e.g. I was refused a mortgage at 4.5 times my salary when a friend (who doesn't earn much more) was approved for the same amount on the strength that he is a trainee stockbroker - who could be sacked without notice tomorrow. I pointed out the lunacy to my mortgage advisor and he got the lender to see sense and cough up.

Be careful with your new car now, cos after flying those planes driving it'll be a real chore!

GF