PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON
Thread: LUTON
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2005, 14:54
LGS6753

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
LTNman -

I'll bow to your superior knowledge as to Britannia's 757/767 mix this year. If they've got 2 757s and half a 767, that's an increase on last year, and not what the brochures suggested.

As far as Thomsonfly 2006 being scheduled services or charters, I now believe this distinction is effectively redundant. They will be using TOM flight numbers and the flights are bookable without accommodation. But the timings are not the same every day, and there seems no distinction between a 757-operated 'charter' and a 737-operated 'schedule'. I've a feeling the TOM flights from COV BOH and DSA can be used as part of a package.

Bobby Guzzler -

Sorry, no chance of EZY -800s. EZY have invested in Airbus, and their huge orders/options can be converted to A320 or A321 if required. The 737-300s will only stay as long as the leases, and I would wager the -700s will go, especially if EZY can place them in a new home.

Buster -

Is the 'new' UK airline NOT BMi? Are you guessing or do you 'know'? Jet2 I feel is unlikely. They have just announced a further strengthening of their Northern roots with operations at NCL and BLK. Can't see the population of Luton wearing flat 'ats and eating black pudding.