PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Migraine/Partial sight loss
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2005, 20:41
buddieboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Migraine

Hi,

This is a subject close to my heart and here is a post from someone with experience of this....

I failed inital class 1 medical with the CAA in 1997 (after being awarded a BA sposorship!!) due to suffering from Migraine. I used to get one every 3-6 months or so, never serious, took a couple paracetemol at inital symptoms and that was that. Never really thought it was an issue but CAA picked up on it and I had to see their neurologist. Told I would never get Class 1. However, ironically from about the time of medical I have not had one single further migraine...as a result, never gave up and kept pestering the CAA every couple years. Finally last year they gave me the all clear after an 8 year wait, passed my class one and now well on the way to completeing my ATPL (albeit slightly behind schedule)...

I would therefore confirm that if you are a current sufferer, no chance of getting class one I'm afraid regardless of how mild the attacks are, but there is always hope if your symptons go away and you go a period of time clear of migraine...