PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EDINBURGH
Thread: EDINBURGH
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2005, 15:16
GoEDI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think EDIs growth could well be stunted over winter/spring due to the problems previously mentioned at peak periods . HLX are pulling Hamburg , GSM are pulling Prague and Jet2 are pulling MAN and there could be more to follow as EZY are reported to be getting disgruntled re delayed departures. I think the fact that EZYS next A319 base is to be GLA speaks volumes about how the airline currently views the gridlock situ at peak times at EDI . I'm sure the next A319 base would have been at EDI, otherwise!
But with 2x daily GVA, daily CO B762 to EWR and new flights to HEL and WAW and ARN, that will well outway any negative effect in growth figures. CSA are increasing their PRG-EDI frequency on last winter, so GSM dropping EDI-PRG should have no effect. Jet2 dropping MAN hasn't been confirmed, and if and when they do drop EDI-MAN, there's a possibility it'll be replaced with a more worthwhile route given they already have a base established at EDI.
No reports of EZY being unhappy at EDI, just the hissy fit by bmi the other day, plus EZY's next A319 base is to be BRS, seen nothing confirmed by EZY regarding when GLA or EDI will start seeing A319s based.

Last edited by GoEDI; 9th Oct 2005 at 16:48.