PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ek Package increase
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2005, 08:29
flybystring

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It really is quite unbelievable.

You’re an expanding airline, and require flexibility, remember that word TCAS and the buffoons in crew planning use it all the time. So the first thing we shall do to give us wider flexibility during the expansion.

1. Lets increase the command hours from 4500 to 6000, a step but I have not quite screwed myself yet. I could have looked at pilots individually realized that cadets need sectors not cruise hours but that would be too hard.

2. Lets stop the practice of Accelerated upgrades and take on new captains from outside and give them full transitions if needed. That should stop experienced guys applying quickly.

3. Just to put myself really in the corner I better also stop transition upgrades, so I can’t have the Flexibility of moving guys between fleets.

4. Just in case better raise the hours for co-pilots applying to 4000 so I can get even fewer people to apply because with 4000 hours they already have a command but wont qualify for command on points 1 to 3 so wont turn up for the course.

5. Well I better tell the guys here if they don’t like it to F off. Good they are going in droves so I really have screwed myself now.

6. No, still a fraction of space for maneuver so I had better sack most of the Training Captains and examiners just in case and take six months to get them to reapply for the jobs again.

Yep that’s it, I have legislated all my FLEXABILITY away and everything is well and truly screwed. Aren’t I a good manager, I said nothing while it was all going on and took my bonus. So Global Nomad what have you got to say to the above.

If I missed anything to the treatise in incompetence please feel free to add.

Last edited by flybystring; 9th Oct 2005 at 18:09.