PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Small A/C Threatens Sky Tower
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2005, 22:38
Thump & Go

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting Boring!!

TIMMEEEE could we have a bit more melodrama with your next post please!

It amazes me that individuals come to the defence of this person
...err...no, people have come out in support of this person.

could have conceivably wrought untold carnage to the Skytower with the resultant massive losses of life and property.
err...lets have a little more cheese please! If the A/C hit the main body of the tower the only carnage wrought would have been to the poor little Piper, at window level, yes no doubt some casualties + those on the ground - still not what I'd call massive.

Imagine if this individual did what he set out to do?
He did, attract attention. (The tree-huggers might say "cry for help" - whatever floats your boat). He made transmissions to ATC that gave clues to his motivation, and the police were quickly able to gauge the seriousness of the threat and react accordingly, that's their job and,if people are honest with themselves they do it very well (unless you're a conspirisist(sic?) that thinks they frame the David Bains & OJ's of the world).

Why are a bunch of Ozzies with no knowledge of the situation that led to this course of action intent on labelling this "real terrorism"? What's the size of your head if you think you can pick the threat level better than law enforcement/counter-terrorism authorities in the country that it occurred?
Rest assured most of us are as p!ssed off as you and other allies about our PC,greenie defence policy that de-clawed the RNZAF and seriously affects our ability to contribute (albeit in a token way)in foreign policy. Please make your political statement elsewhere, maybe you could start your own thread on it instead of swinging every existing one into "we've got an air force & you haven't".

What would the reaction and attitudes have been then?
You lot would still be Monday Quarterbacking.

If this was any other country in the world he would have been shot out of the sky using any means available.
err...really? Like the US did in Miami,or with Payne Stewart, like the Greeks did with Helios, like the almighty RAAF did with the rogue King Air or did you mean like the Soviets did in 1983 when they so obviously got it right?

In my opinion this person should never, ever be let loose around an aircraft again and should be banned from all airports nationwide forever.
I have no doubt he will.

See you in 10 days, and guys, get outside with the Mrs and kids -there's a real world out there somewhere, then when you want a laugh log on to prune to get the worldly opinions of "professionals". Bahaha