PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C172 down..
Thread: C172 down..
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2005, 15:15
B Sousa
Gatvol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I suppose we will not be seeing too much of this in his next mag. anyone have more info on this.
If anyone has the opportunity to not only survive this type of accident but also to convey what happens, I think Mr Frans should step up to the plate.
It appears we are reading about at least three accidents regarding VFR into IMC this week alone.
Again this is not an isolated problem, we have areas in the states where for instance some of the wealthy hop into their "fork tailed Doctor Killer" (Beech Bonanza) and fly from the bay area of California over to Reno Nevada for the weekend. They have to cross the Sierra Nevada mountains with MEAS at FL 150-180. Weather is nice on either side. Then on a sunday evening its "I have to get home" weather sucks and they disappear. We usually find them impacted at the 10-12000 ft level in a few days or months after the crash.
Gotta get home or Gotta get to a meeting has killed a lot of folks.
I do hope that Mr Frans gets the word out and it scares the hell out of some folks. It just may save a few lives.
I recently flew with a gentleman from the JNB area to the Cape and back. When it was time to return he said" lets give it a day for the weather to change" It was indeed a pleasure to hear that, even in a fully equipped B200

Last edited by B Sousa; 8th Oct 2005 at 15:45.