PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe sponsorship
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2005, 14:04
Artificial Horizon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Biggles,

in reply to your question about the salary at FlyBe you do indeed lose around 3 grand a year as a result of being sponsored. I left FlyBe about six months ago and the Dash salary then was 24,800ish + flight pay which will amount to about 2,500 per year. Monthly take home was about 1,700 - 333 for the sponsorship so you could bank on between 1400 and 1500 per month. I think that you will find that there is NO sponsorship scheme still in existance that does not expect you to pay back the training costs. I suppose they should really call it an interest free loan as opposed to sponsorship. A couple of things that I would throw in aswell is the fact that you are also expected to sign the dash _ training bond when you join which when I left was 12,000 reducing over 3 years. The net result is that you owe flybe over 30,000 grand if you want to leave on day one, this reduces over the period of years to 0, so it is quite a commitment. Having siad that though, it worked for me and I now fly nice shiney jets for a major airline