PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying in Mali
Thread: Flying in Mali
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2005, 13:49
LET's Fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi snoop,
as Cap Loko said, very friendly country and people!!! I spent 10 years there as a student and a few monthes as a pilot.
You have also the bar-restaurant ``Le campagnard``, Le Relais and you have a few quite good night clubs there too. If you need some infos, most of the people managing these places are some friends.
For the companie, STA-Trans African, holded by the Famous Mr S.... does not operate anymore, they used to fly two Lets 410 UVP-E and Two DC-9 (Ex Air Canada). Heard they are trying to re-open with only one DC9, as the new Mali national company, CAM, operate a Dash 8 for the regional flights now. You have also SAE Societe Avion Express, managed by Mr Alain Ashkar, two Lets 410 UVP, but one not flying; SAS Sahel Aviation Services is operated by american people, most of them are retired ATPL from the us flying for free as iti is a part of MAF Mission Aviation Fellowship, you have also a little aeroclub, i know the president if you want his cellphone.
Pm me if you need the phone numbers!!!

Bert

P.s, for wich company are you gonna work for?

Gouabafla,
The Amitie Hotel is great now, it has been completely rebuilt up, as the Gand hotel also....

Snoop, you have also The Kempinsky hotel, five stars,just near the Niger River, and the Salam Hotel, great swimming pool and good service, even if it\'s quite...expensive!!!
Bert