PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Great Western PA31's embracing westerly's
Old 8th Oct 2005, 11:20
plop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting. I have watched this develop and I have to say that having flown for many years in the areas mentioned, I can only say this:- To deliberately and unnecessarily plan to climb into a significantly increasing headwind in a little piston shows poor understanding or care of the fiscal outcomes for the employer.

Time is money, end of story. More so now than ever. Obviously, passenger safety and comfort are paramount, but, the presented arguments about turbulence, traffic etc, whilst intended to be compelling and dripping of airmanship, are thin in the reality of what I have witnessed with this operation.

I have closely watched this operator for many years. I have also spoken to a great many of the pilots over the years. Compelling to say the least. It has given me a good practical and sad understanding of the operation .

Previous threads have covered the operator well and provide an interesting insight.

brisbane observer, I found your comments to and about 185skywagon to be on the nose. As you said earlier '' Lets FOCUS and reread all the posts and decifer some worth from the argument. '' I have and frankly they dont reflect well on your calibre.

Maybe Havachat and all may end up saving this operator a buck or two with their observations, but for this writer ,I will have dry eyes when I raise a glass to the eventual demise of this particular chapter in Queensland aviation, Amen .

Last edited by plop; 8th Oct 2005 at 11:48.