PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type Rating - which type, where, why pay etc?
Old 8th Oct 2005, 00:01
scameron77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is it says in the TV ad?

"Nothing is certain but death and taxes. Of the two, taxes happen annually" - Joel Fox

I do believe as SJM pointed out, if you don't pay for it here you'll pay for it there.

Being bonded doesn't guarantee you'll serve out your time with that company but if you are released for whatever reason I suspect you aren't held accountable for the pro-rata payment of a TR.

Mr Funk-soul-meister hello, hope you are well? Yes I did start a post on converting to JAA and I started this one on TR's to do my research well in advance of making a decision, just thinking ahead. I'm a good 4 months away from being in a position to make these choices, got some Garmin 1000 time to log first.

Happypilot has hit the nail on the head, so often (and I hold my hands up to doing this myself during the first six months of joining PPRuNe) threads degenerate into petty name calling rather than cold hard facts and tangeable experiences useful to the people lower on the ladder. I have tried to ask pertinent questions in threads that will aid others in future (if they know how to use the search function).

Preston, Number Cruncher, thank you both, for trying to bring the thread back onto information and facts rather than personal attacks directed at me for lets see . . . what have I been called so far . . . 'a sellout', 'lazy', 'bloody lazy', and have 'stars in my eyes'.

All I asked about was the feasibility and prospects for employment, not the ethics, of paying for a TR.